mercoledì 23 giugno 2010

the end of the world, as we know it, and I feel fine (at the moment)


I know, Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
I love R.E.M., I adore Michael Stipe, I think he has been my fav rockstar since I was a teenager.
Document is a masterpiece but I have to say that I prefer Monster, maybe because it represents a turning point in my life, maybe because it was dedicated to River Phoenix.

but I don't want to talk about R.E.M. and Michel Stipe and River Phoenix in this post.
no.

Frank Fenner is an Australian scientist in the field of virology. He helped to eradicate the smallpox in the world,he wrote and co-wrote more than 20 books, he received so many prizes and honours in his life (he's almost 96) that it is impossible to think he could talk nonsense.
This man has predicted to an Australian newspaper few days ago that human race is destined to estinction within 100 years.
WOW. this means that we don't have much time, especially our future grandchildren....
Frank Fenner claims that the extinction of the human race is unavoidable and this is due to two main reasons: climate change and uncontrolled consumption linked with the ever increasing population. so, the main cause of our extinction is our evolution. Fenner said that before this century is over, "billions of us will die, and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable."
I know it may sound odd but I find this extremely fascinating.

ps: have a look at our apocalyptic memes on Mperience!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento