giovedì 6 maggio 2010

Amazing Things You can Discover about Yourself with Google's New Interface

I had a dream tonight, of Leonardo DiCaprio telling me: "I like to get kissed before I get fucked."
So sweet, uh?
Then, as soon as I reached my office, I went ask Google about that admittedly disturbing phrase (I'm flattered, Leo, really - would I ever have a gay experience, you're at the top of the list): you know, I often use Google (and the Web) as a supplementary Jungian unconscious- and I'm not the only one around doing so for sure (according to these guys, you'd better stay home on July 8th - a major terrorist attack is due by that date - provided that you really want to assist to the World War III, in theaters November 11th, 2010).
Thus I asked Google... and what a surprise!

Google's New Look
Go query Google! for whatever. You will notice this new panel on the left, with lots of options to chose from (click on "More" or "Show search tools").
Looking for videos? Or blogs? Want something new? Latest? Past 24 hours?
Are you annoyed by all that shopping sites? Filter them out.

Ok, the new Google's look can make you feel uncomfortable for a while: it's like an old friend of yours with a funny haircut or a new pair of glasses...
(Not the same feeling with Facebook's ever-changing interface, righ?:).
Ok, most of these things where already there, just somehow hidden. But I think it definitely improves the user experience...
What's your opinion, my dear reader?
But, before you answer, just one more thing...
The guys at Google added a new (at least for me) crazy feature.
Read on.

How I Discovered I'm 161 Years Old
I was searching for "Leonardo DiCaprio" when, suddenly, I noticed this tiny link: "Timeline" - the left panel, again.
C'mon, let's click!
A strange plot will show up, telling you where Leo left a sign on History.
For example, Google tells me that Leonardo DiCaprio's first appearance dates back to 1860 (Gangs of New York, I guess); then you have a lot of hits in the recent past, something you would expect; but you have to look at the mid 1950s to see where Leo really belongs to (guess again: Revolutionary Road?).
Cool.
Then I queried Google about myself: alas, nothing interesting... Then I tried with this extension of my ego - looked for Mperience.
Wow, guys, we're already there in 1849!
We feel so young and startuppish, but we are 161 years old, in fact...


The Challenge
Now, dear readers, go search for yourself.
How Google-old are you? Can you beat us? :)

PS: btw, Leonardo DiCaprio's quote - "I like to get kissed..." - is from Blood Diamond.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento